Palayamanan helps farming families in diversifying their crops, and in starting other sources of income such as fishpond, poultry, and livestock.
These assure the family of a good source of protein and energy. Livestock wastes are used as organic fertilizer, and rice straws as vegetable bed mulch and food supplement for livestock.
- Continuous food supply
- Higher income and economic stability
- Increased farm productivity and sustainability
- Reduced production risk
- Maximized use of land or better resource allocation
- Enhanced diversity and ecological balance
- Capital – depends on what farmer wants to integrate first
- Farm workers – at least 3 full-time
- Land – ideally, 1 hectare with
- Residential area (0.05 ha)
- Field crop production area (0.75 ha)
- Small farm reservoir area (0.20 ha)
- PALAYAMANAN: Making the most out of rice farms
- Vegetable Production Training Guide